SILVER JUBILEE YEAR 2012-13
Tarangini Mitra Mandali has a glorious beginning in the year 1988, situated in an enchanting scenario, amidst the shores of the Arabian Sea and the lush green coconut palms in “Madhwa Nagara”, Padubidri.
Our Mitra Mandali has continuously engaged itself in various cultural, social, educational and religious activities for the past 25 years. The Silver Jubilee Celebrations are already in full swing and the culmination of which is going to be held on 21st April 2013. In this context we would like to present before you a brief report of our achievements. …
- A sum of Rs. 4,00,000 has been spent towards providing street lights in the Beach Road of Madhwa Nagar through the Mandali with the help of donors.
- A generous donation of Rs.2,00,000 was given to Mrs. Shakuntala Narayan Rao of Madhwa Nagar whose son Mr. Ravichandra met with a tragic end by drowning in the Arabian Sea. The Mandali has also helped the family in getting Rs.1,00,000 as compensation from the Government.
- A donation of Rs.15,000 was given to poverty stricken Smt. Kusuma ,a labourer, for constructing a new house.
- A sum of Rs. 20,000 was given to Smt. Kamala Moily , a labourer, for renovating her house and for drinking water supply.
- Medical expenses of Rs.35,000 was borne by the Mandali when Mr. Rajarathna Udupa , Baradi met with a road accident and was admitted to Kasthurba Medical Hospital, Manipal.
- An amount of Rs.10,000 was given as medical expenses to the child of Mr. Jaya Kulal who was affected by brain fever.
- Every year an amount of Rs.20,000 is being spent for the flower decoration and contribution towards “Annadanam” during the car festival of “Shri MahaLingeshwara MahaGanapathi Temple”, Padubidri.
- The Mandali supports students of the neighbourhood schools by giving them cash prizes and fees reimbursement to the extent of Rs.10,000 per annum.
- To inculcate the religious beliefs and the rich traditional Indian Culture in the people, we conduct “Yakshagana Tala Maddale” every year by spending Rs.25,000, performed by popular Yakshagana artists.
The Mitra Mandali has engaged itself to widespread activities and is committed in providing
- A beautiful public park with copious drinking water supply.
- Permanent Medical Aid Fund to help economically weaker sections of the society.
- Emergency Fund to help the needy.
To accomplish all the above mentioned projects, the Mitra Mandali needs to raise a fund of Rs.15 Lacs.
To commemorate the Silver Jubilee Celebrations and to raise enough funds for our projects we earnestly appeal to all our Well wishers & Philanthropic public to participate in our noble endeavors.